This is currently the living room, the whole place is a mess but it will be better soon!
Again, a mess, but the cupboards are empty, and I have a few more things to pack and and clean.
Wow! Look at all that stuff still! I swear, we have made multiple trips to the DI and given away a bunch of other stuff, and we still have carloads of things here. This is the second bedroom by the way...
The bathroom is almost done, almost...
Our bedroom is a disaster, it is hard to live in a space and pack it up a the same time. Especially since it is storage where it will sit for 3 months. We have to wash everything again before putting it away to prevent mold, and other stuff. I have rewashed every dish in our apartment.
So, we are getting close, kind of......
This is the last day that we will be "living" in this apartment. And I have been reminiscing over the many memories we have made here. I love the ward that we have been in, and I have loved the calling I had in it. I was privileged to be the nursery leader and I learned so much from those little ones. I had the opportunity to love them, teach them, and watch their little spirits grow. I will probably miss them most of all. My very favorite is when Addie comes in on Sundays and says "Friend!" when she sees me. I am so grateful for the privilege that I had to spend time with them every week. They may only be 2 (or around that age) but they know who their Savior is and I know that He is aware of each of them. I can feel Him smiling down on that little class as they learn about Him and really try to absorb the lessons they are taught.
I may be a little over dramatic over this, we are moving back in 3 months after all. I just have a hard time moving on sometimes. I know this is a necessary thing and change in life is inevitable. Also, this is a good thing for us. If all goes right, Lyle will get a job offer for when he graduates, which means we can start planning on having children in a year or so, rather than 5. I am excited for the weather and knowing that in a year, we will be all done with school (hopefully).
I wouldn't really say that I am scared or that this move is a trial, but it has presented some hardships and uncertainty. I have taken great comfort from the words of President Faust:
"There are many things that we cannot change. We all have difficulties and disappointments. But often these turn out to be opportunities. The Lord can measure how strong we are by how we handle these difficulties in our lives. As the Lord said to the Prophet Joseph Smith, “Know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good” (D&C 122:7).
Sometimes the Lord allows us to have trials to shape us into productive servants. In our desire to achieve, we often fail to see that the Lord is trying to prune us away from false pride and vain ambition so He can teach us discipleship. His all-seeing eye is over us and ever watching us as our Eternal Heavenly Parent. When trials come, as surely they will to all of us during mortality, let us not sink into the abyss of self-pity but remember who is at the helm, that He is there to guide us through all the storms of life."
To all of those we are temporarily leaving behind, we love you and hope that Rexburg gives you some warm weather. We hope you have a great summer. We will see you in a few months!
To those who we will soon meet in South Dakota, we are excited to meet you! We are looking forward to expanding our friend circle and loving you as much as we love the people here in Rexburg!
Now, lets get this packing done and do this! :)





You are just going to miss Kemry, that's all :)
ReplyDeleteThis is true, so we are actually devising a plan to distract you and take her with us. :) hahaha.... just kidding! But we will really miss you guys. :)
ReplyDelete