So, one of my most favorite wedding gifts is this pig....
He is ceramic, heavy, and bizzare....
Notice the large, odd hole in his back.....
I'm not really sure who we got him from, he was separated from his card when we opened him. But it is definitely the weirdest present that we got, and because I like weird things, it's my favorite.
Lyle, doesn't really understand and has made mr. pig hang out in our second bedroom where no one can see it. When we got him, he had spices in his gaping hole. Lyle didn't want to use him as a spice rack. Honestly, I don't know what to do with him, I thought about turning him into a chia pet, but Lyle didn't like that idea either...
More honestly, I have clung to this pig because it is one of the only wedding gifts that we got that still reminds me of our wedding. Everything else has melted into our lives wonderfully (gift cards, money, towels, etc.) and is just a part of everyday life now. But every time I look at this pig, I remember Lyle's face when we opened it and the laughter that followed. It reminds me of the happiness and love that surrounded that day. I know it's weird to have a ceramic pig be symbol of joy, but that's what it is for me.
Alas, dear pig, you are off to a knew home, if anyone will take you...
Any takers?


No comments:
Post a Comment