Lyle and I officially hit our 1 year mark about a week ago. I have heard many, many people say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. If that is true (which I am doubting), then our lives will be smooth sailing for the rest of eternity. :)
We have had bumps, arguments, unpleasantness, and so on. However, I would hardly say that it has been hard. Lyle may tell you otherwise, I am a pretty difficult person to live with sometimes. So far, the hardest thing about our first year of marriage has been finding time for each other. We both work full time (or mostly full time) and go to school. Right now I am on going to school and I am working two jobs (actually 2.5, but who's counting). Lyle is currently working full time. In winter we will both be trying to work full time hours and go to school. We did this successfully last winter, however, this time we will be doing our university's IBC (integrated business core) program. From what we hear, it is impossible to take these classes and work even part time. I guess the benefit of our busy lives, is that we still miss each other. "Absences makes the heart grow fonder", so they say, and if that is the case, my heart couldn't possibly be more fond of Lyle.
Anyways, I digress from the real purpose of this post. What I really want to say is that I have had the best year of my life so far. I have the best husband in the whole world. Lots of people say that, but I really have the best one. Lyle is the sweetest, most thoughtful, kind hearted, and I could go on for hours, man I have ever met. He brings out the best in me. There is no one in the world who is better at calming me down (which I have needed a lot lately).
I feel I am the luckiest girl in the world. I have a husband who is perfectly suited to me. We know each other so well already that we can complete each other's thoughts. I know when he needs me, and he knows when I need him. There are very few times when we don't see eye to eye. We laugh together and we cry together. We understand that as a couple we are working together as a team, not as individuals, and never against each other. Occasionally our arguments get out of hand, we are human and very stubborn. But, we always resolve our issues and end up loving each other even more than before.
I love Lyle so much. He is basically my sanity and the reason I continue on with school and trying to improve myself. I know that he will be a fantastic dad and I already know he is an amazing husband. I know the years to come will bring hardships and trials, but I also know that Lyle and I have absolutely dedicated ourselves to God and our family. I'm not leaving him and he isn't leaving me. We are going to struggle through life as a team and continue to grow together along the way. I am so excited to spend 2, 10, 25, 50, etc. years with my wonderful husband.
Happy Anniversary to you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks. :)
ReplyDelete