Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's Winter! Ready, Set, Go!

I am so excited that the Holiday Season is finally upon us. Over the last few years, I have really not enjoyed this time of year like I did when I was younger. I think life has been so busy that planning for Thanksgiving or Christmas is just another thing to do that make my life crazier. Christmas seems to have lost its magic for me. At the beginning of October I was thinking about how much I just want this year to be over already. However, after a few random experiences (that I am sure happened by divine power) I have decided to reevaluate my attitude. Don't misunderstand, if you ask me about school and one of my jobs, I will probably still grumble and tell you how annoying it is. However, I am not going to let that them ruin my enjoyment of this years holiday season. I am going to soak up every little bit of Christmas-y goodness that I can.

I have been thinking a lot about the fact that this could be the last Christmas we have in Idaho for a long, long, long time. As of right now, we still don't have any clue where we will be living next year and my parent's probably won't feel up to visiting us if we aren't close by. For this specific reason, I have determined that we need to enjoy every moment that we can with my family. I have at least seen them around the holidays every year of my life and there will be things that I will definitely miss if we are far away.

So, while I normally try to avoid Christmas music and Christmas things until after Thanksgiving, I am going to fully embrace both this year. I want to make sure that I have enough of this holiday season to last me clear through next year. So, if you hate Christmas, don't come and visit me for the next few months, or you may hate me too.


This is my favorite Christmas song. You can't tell me that this song doesn't at least make you a little excited for Christmas. :)



Anyways, it's November and Christmas is just over a month away. So let the baking, the gift wrapping, family time, Christmas lights, candy making, Christmas Carols, the spread of good will cheer, and dare I say snow, begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment