....for more reasons than just the weather changing.
Have a look at the delightful new collection that we are getting at our house:
Have a look at the delightful new collection that we are getting at our house:
I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!! Normally I can handle killing regular spiders, but I can't stand Hobo Spiders.
Lyle still doesn't believe that these things will chase you, but ask most Idahoans and they will confirm to you that they have in fact been chased by these before and they can get fairly large. Right now is hobo season, it lasts from the end of July until October. UGH!!!!!
The first sign that these little nasties had begun their home invasion, was one that climbed out from under our bed......luckily Lyle was there to smash it. But it was a fairly good sized one! Needless to say I became instantly paranoid (But do you blame me? It came out from under our bed. Who knows how many more were under there?) Since that time, about 2 weeks ago, we have sprayed bug stuff all over the basement, put up a ton of traps, and worn shoes all the time. We put three traps under our bed and caught 2 spiders within 3 days. So far, we have killed a total of 3 in our room (yuck) and 6 out in our garage (bigger yuck)!!!!!!! I am sure there are more just waiting to get in to this house and October is still aways away!
I guess I should be grateful that they aren't scorpions or tarantulas.....I don't know what we will do if we move to a place with bigger and nastier spiders. For now, I will just try not to think about it.
So Bryan, Mom, and Dad, I hope you are excited to come and stay in our basement. :)


No one likes homeless people living under their beds.
ReplyDeleteWait...
Not going to lie this post made me laugh when I read the end because I am stuck with the Scorpions. YUCK!
ReplyDeletehaha....Cynthia, that is not fun! I hope everything is going well despite the scorpions though. :)
ReplyDeleteSo yeah, definitely don't like that you put a GIANT spider on your blog! Yuck! gave me a heart attack. Oh but I do like your little bug collection you've got going on.
ReplyDeleteUm, I just need to add that I looked again today (I took the last picture just on friday) and there are 2 MORE!!!!!!! Yuck! Haha...I had to get you back for that time that your blog scared me!!! :)
ReplyDelete