Well this post is in honor of my dear friend Faith. :) This wonderful and smart woman graduated from Boise State University this year and just accepted a job in Reno, Nevada (Congrats again!). And while I was talking to her about this on Facebook, I couldn't help but wonder, "When did we get old enough to start accepting jobs that will help form future careers and move us far away from each other?"
Faith is the one in the middle. Amber is on the far left and is pregnant with her second child.
Again, when did we get so old?! Not that I really feel ancient or elderly, I just can't believe how fast life moves. Everyone says that, of course. My mom used to say it all the time, so I should have figured it would happen to me too. I'm married (but an eternal student, come on graduation!), my little sister is having a baby, my older sister has been teaching school for 6 years. My wonderful Faith is moving to Reno, my former roommates Vandy (now sister-in-law) and Krystina have kids of their own. Mary, Bekki, Eric, Eli, Chris, and so many more friends served a missions. A huge chunk of people that I graduated with are married and having their own kids.
What happened to playing all day in the sprinkler, or sleepovers with friends, or playing dress up? I don't particularly miss being 5 or 8 and especially not 14. But I can't believe that it happened so fast. I have been so eager for Lyle and myself to move on to this stage or that stage of life and I forget to look around and enjoy where we right now. I guess it's times like these that we need to look around us and take in the moments that are so quick to pass us by.
I am so happy for my great friends and family and proud of the wonderful things they are achieving in their lives. I am so excited for the future and am very grateful for the past. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment