So, I have been really pessimistic lately. I don't want to be in school (as we all know by now) and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. However, one of my classes in the IBC has been trying really hard to get me to change my attitude. They haven't been directly singling me out or anything, but in Organizational Effectiveness, we have been talking a lot about having a proactive attitude and trying to see people around us as people with real needs and to not see them as problems. I have been fighting against it the whole semester. There is no reason that I should be positive in a class that I don't even want to be in right? Well, my professor showed us a video clip the other day that kind of struck a cord with me. I was trying to be my stubborn self while watching it, but by the time it was done I felt really guilty about my bad attitude. Here is a link the clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODHsU3hDo4
I'm not normally one to watch Oprah, but this talk really made me feel bad about the fact that I have been so negative lately. I really have no reason to be so cranky. I really need to try harder to get an experience out of these classes rather than just trying to get through it. So, this adjustment in my attitude probably won't last very long, I get stressed out and sick of this class very easily. But at least for the next few hours (until school starts again tomorrow) I will focus more on getting something out of this experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment