Last semester seemed like it was a whirl for me. It wasn't necessarily fast, but it was definitely a blur. So many things happened. Wedding, honeymoon, class, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. I am so excited that the new year is here and we are able to start it together married. New Years always brings about thoughts of starting over and resolutions. I haven't made resolutions for years, I don't ever follow through with them. However, since I am starting this year with a fairly new family I have a few things that I definitely want to achieve.
Firstly, I want to learn how to be a good wife. If you ask Lyle he will probably tell you that I am good to him, and I really try to be. BUT, I feel like there are things that I do, or rather don't do, that I need to be better about. I am still working on keeping the apartment clean. It's hard to clean up after myself and Lyle, and do homework, and go to 2 jobs.
Which brings me to my second goal, which is balancing my life. I need to be much better about prioritizing and focusing on important things. I need to work on maintaining my spiritual self. It is so easy to get distracted by my hectic life that I know it is something I need to take care of this year.
Last, but not really last, I want to make sure that Lyle and I continue to have a wonderful relationship. I have heard that the first year is the hardest, and that the first 5-7 years can make or break a relationship. We aren't even close to being out of the first year yet, and I know we have already had a few rough patches. The wonderful thing has been that we are very open and able to talk about things well. I am generally the one who has the hardest time talking out any disagreements. I am so lucky that I have a wonderful husband who is so willing to be patient and work things out with me.
Anyways, before I write an entire novel. I think it is good to reflect back on life and continually find things to improve upon, especially as we enter into knew stages of our lives. So at the beginning of this new stage, all I have to say to this new year is "bring it on." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment