Monday, June 15, 2009

We're Getting Married!!!!



So, Lyle and I are finally engaged!!! Yes, I said finally, cause it feels like I have been waiting forever! We got engaged on May 16Th 2009 in Yankton, South Dakota. If you really want to hear the story you can keep reading, if not, you can skip the next few lines. :)


Anyways, we were in South Dakota for Bryan's (his brother) graduation. He was graduating from high school. First of all, I just have to say that I had no idea it was coming. He and I went ring shopping a few weeks before and we found "the ring." I was super excited but told him that I didn't want to know anything else about it, I just wanted him to take care of the rest of it on his own time in his own way. Well, I told my parents about it and they wanted to go see it. I went in with them to look at it and the lady there said some guy was looking at buying it too, but they could get another one. So I wasn't too worried about it. But, Lyle went in a few weeks later and told me that the other guy bought it and they were ordering a new one that would be here in about 3 weeks. I believed him, because it sounded believable. By the time we got to South Dakota it had only been about 2 weeks. And I was totally buying the fact that it was being shipped.

The Saturday before Bryan's graduation, Lyle took me to a park next to the Missouri river. It was a really cute park with a really nice view. The sun was out but it was windy and cold. Despite that, Lyle made me walk around the park with him. We played on the swings a for a little bit, but I finally got to the point where I was cold enough to go. We were walking out when he made me sit down at a picnic table so he could show me a new trick. ( for those who don't know he does semi-professional magic tricks, yes he's been paid to do shows). He proceeded to show me his new "trick" and told me to think of a happy thought. Of course I imediately thought of the ring, but I didn't tell him that becuase I am too stubborn to admit that I am thinking exactly what he wanted me too. Then made the ring appear out of box and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was perfect.

I did get suspicious when he made me sit down in the cold to show me a trick becuase he is very sweet and wouldn't normally make me suffer like that. ;) Plus, it was windy, so his cards would have blown everywhere. Plus he seemed kind of antsy and nervous, which is unlike him when he is doing tricks for me. So, I knew before I saw the ring that something was up. He did have me tricked and believing that the ring was shipping. I found out later that he actually had the ring ever since the day he told me they ordered it. He had been holding onto it for weeks! He can be such a booger sometimes. :) But I love him dearly!


As of now, we have been patiently waiting to set a date. We are trying to work out a few things and make sure that everything will work out for a specific date. We are looking at October 24th 2009.

YAY!!!

2 comments: